1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Transfer Case Motor, and Module Problems.

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by esbmann, Feb 3, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. esbmann

esbmann New Member

Iam a loyal GM fan, am on my second 4WD it is a 2003 Silverado Ext Cab LS, very pleased with how it's doing this winter. Reason for my post is this, I have a 27 yr old daughter who wants to buy an older S10 4WD either Ext Cab or the Quad Cab. What is bothering us is that iin her price range of less than 8000. we are seeing a lot of problems showing up in the older models 1999 to 2001 in the Carfax reports. Did GM get this problem sorted out after a certain year. Need some feedback asap as swe are activly looking at a few possibilities. Thanks.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know that they sorted the issue out. The T-case motors can be an issue on any gm truck (or any other automaker). Some people never have an issue while others do. If you are seeing this on a carfax report does that mean that it was already repaired? A newer truck might not show it in the carfax, but that could be because it did not have time to fail yet.