1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transfer case out of a 1998 chevy 1500 suburban.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 1972chevyman, Nov 20, 2013.

  1. 1972chevyman

    1972chevyman New Member

    Hey guys, does anyone know what transfer case goes in a 98 suburban. It is a 1500 with a 5.7 vortec. I bought 1 already at a swap meet but once I got around to putting it in I found out it was the wrong one. The guy told me it was the right one but I guess not. Anyway just wondering what one it is. Thanks.
  2. Pikey

    Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    you need to look at the RPO code list in your glove box. They came with a few different models. NP1, NP8, NQF, are just a few possibilities. It should start with an N. There might still be a tag on your old case.

Share This Page