transfer case problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 09Z71, Aug 27, 2010.

1. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

we need to hook up our RV to the truck and take it north with us tonight for my grandpa's 105th birthday, and i ran into a problem. the transfer case wouldn't engage neutral. the neutral light would flash a few times and then "Service 4 Wheel Drive" would come on. i need to get this thing hooked up and tow, or else i won't get to see my grandpa turn 105. than that would be the icing on the cake. the crap would hit the fan.......etcetera.

what can i do to get this thing into neutral?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Dumb question were you doing it per the owners manual? main reason is i would attempt it when i was towing trucks for a while and the GM trucks i always had to break out the owners manual because i couldnt remeber the correct way.. And i was towing new trucks as well.. So just a thought.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As Murdog94 said look in the owners manuel. Seems if I remmeber you have to press TWO of the 4X4 buttons at the same time. Just can't remmeber which buttons.

4. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have an 09, so it's the knob. i have put it in neutral plenty of times, and it's gone in no problem. i had to get the truck to tow so i just took out the driveshaft for now. i will see if i can get it in sometime soon.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you take out the front and rear driveshafts??