1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transfer case question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Atwiss, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Atwiss

Atwiss New Member

He guys I'm new to the forum and had a question. Alright so here's the problem, I got the infamous pin hole in my t case. I didn't catch it soon enough, so that t case is junk. But i found a t case from one of our family friends for $100. It's out of a 1999 silverado. They are both 246 gm new process but the hook ups on the encoder motor are different. Mine has one 7pin hookup and the other has 2 connectors one with 4 pins and one with 3 maybe? (Forgot) but anyways and they have different gears one is kind of like a sprocket and the other is like a circle with 2 flat sides. Is there any way around this? Could I possibly take them both apart and just switch the gears? Or any ideas on a way to make this work? I need help ASAP. Thank you PS it's a 2003 gmc Sierra 1500 5.3
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would call the scrap yard for more info. with the connectors/sproket different this will be.

I would have your original transfercase repaired. being a common problem repair shops have the info on preventing this . call around for a shop to do this with the knowledge of correctly making the repairs.

probably 1200/1500 job...