Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmision service 99 4L60E

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ChevEE, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ChevEE

ChevEE New Member

Changing out trans fluid but cant get the pan dropped. What do i need to move to drop the pan? Exhaust is on one side and linkage on the other? What am im over looking? This is a deep pan 16 bolt 4L60E trans.
  2. ChevEE

ChevEE New Member

Did i not post this right?

Did i not post this question write or does everyone have some one else do there work for them?. I suppose I'll physically call a shop or stop by one, but for the 24 people who have viewed it thanks for at least viewing!
  3. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

it can take awhile for a response sometimes, i kinda know what your talking about, my truck has like a bar underneath the pan and i was thinking id drain as best as i can then unbolt the cover and kinda pull it out towards the rear keeping it level with the ground, idk if that really helps or not since our trucks are off in age, but best of luck to ya!
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Fixed the topic title...
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You need to take the nut off the transmission mount and then jack up the rear of the trans on a 2WD or jack up the transfer case on a 4X4. If you don't get a reply right away it's because people are busy during the day. Also you could have searched the database and found the solution. I have answered this question several times this year. :)