Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Transmission Cooler Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by LBAR1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. LBAR1

LBAR1 Member

What have you guys installed for aftermarket HD transmission coolers in your 1500 Sierra, mine is a 2007 with a 4.8L regular cab 2 door and 8 foot box. To my Canadain friends has anyone used the biggest cooler Canadain Tire sells for their truck a friend recommended me one.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Look into the Tru Cool 40k transmission cooler. I put one on my truck last year. Easy install and I believe it helped to keep my tranny temp in check last year when I took the truck to the beach.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is on mine, too. EAD Performance makes a mounting kit for it. The last time I checked it wasn't a part listed on their website, but contact them and ask about it, if interested, as it makes the installation a snap.

4. LBAR1

LBAR1 Member

Quick update, so I bought a trans cooler at Canadian Tire the biggest they sell which is from Mr Transmission, installed it on it's own bracket in front of the rad. Happy to see the transmission running 20 degrees cooler.