1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission cooler

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by coachw-n-themrs, Jul 6, 2006.

Random Gallery Photos

1. coachw-n-themrs

coachw-n-themrs New Member

Hello all, I currently have a 2004 Tahoe 4.8 liter with a 3.43 axle ratio. I recently purchased a new travel trailer. I did a bunch of research before making the trailer purchase and I am well within my towing limits. I recently took it on it's first two trips and it performed very well with the trailer. But, I am slightly concerned about the transmission temp. I live in Phoenix AZ and it gets really hot here. I understand they are not very expensive. I'm looking for any information anyone might share. Is it necessary? Good online place to buy one? model? price I'd expect to pay? Can a generally handy home mechanic install it? Thanks in advance.