1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission Cooler

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Tiny1987, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Tiny1987

Tiny1987 New Member

Looking to buy a a/m transmission cooler for 2004 chev silverado 1500 4X4 5.3L. Would like a kit that comes with lines that go all the way back to the transmission. currently the truck has a cooler built into the rad that i'd like to plug off. Main reason for wanting external cooler is local gm dealer cant get me the parts i need to get the lower cooler fitting on the rad to stop leaking trans fluid. Also with the colder weather the rubber hoses have a habit of popping off of the steel lines. So does any one know of any not too expensive external coolers for sale online? Not really doing any towing with the truck so it doesnt need to be huge.
    Thanks
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've never seen a kit that goes all the way back to the transmission. Earl's coolers does have coolers, AN fittings and hose to make up your own kit. Call there tech line. I had to do this back in the '90's with my IROC Camero.