Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Transmission dipstick recall

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dock420, Nov 1, 2012.

1. 1baddad

1baddad New Member

I had mine replaced on my 2011. Dealer told me the ones most affected are 2010-2011 and some 2012's

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

gonna have to remember to ask about this the next time mine goes in.

Alex

3. Nargg

Nargg Rockstar

I hate it when my dipstick breaks...

There has been a rattle in the dash area of my 2011 Silverado. I wonder if that is what it is? Anyway, going in for a oil change next week. We'll find out. Thanks for the info guys!

4. Bslogan

Bslogan New Member

We took our 2011 Tahoe in for regular service and was told there was a recall on the Transmission Dipstick. Tahoe prior to this last service and recall repair has been great! Now we have apparently a SLOW leak. Cannot see it though. Smells horrible! Just drove from NM to Utah and had the dealer there look at, they changed the oil "AGAIN" and said they could not find anything. Drove back to NM and still have the same issue. Anyone else have this problem after this recall repair?

5. Wayne58

Wayne58 New Member

Mine is a 2010 RCSB 5.3 L 6 Sp built in Fort Wayne and I got a reall notice in the mail >>> my dipstick now has a blanket >>>

6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Bslogan ,

Have you taken you Tahoe back into your dealership for this issue?

Evan, GM Customer Service