Transmission Fluid From Ams

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by RockHead, Mar 5, 2008.

1. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I just got 2800 TCI street fighter stall convertor / Transgo HD2-C Shift Kit / Sonnax Servo Second Gear / Sonnax Servo 4th gear "SUPER HOLD" / FLT Aluminum and Steel Accumulator Pistons . They put in Ams Transmission fluid . http://www.thebestoil.com/atf.asp here is some info on it ........... Let me know what you guys think

Mark :glasses:

2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I love your street truck. How fast can it do the 1/4 mile on the race track? I someday hope to have my truck similar to yours. I have the looks down, now its time to work on performance :happy:
    Do you have any performance numbers? My 4.3L V6 isn't for racing; it's 198HP and 260tq stock :rofl:
    I plan on a big V8 engine swap in a few years!

3. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Thank you Sir :great: My best run on a 1/4 mile is 13.8 101mph , not bad at all for a heavy a$$ truck .
    I got it dynoed last year and i will be going again later on this year . Im puttin out 425HP at the wheels with 375tq .

What are your plans with you truck ?

4. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

sounds good, as for the Amsoil tranny fluid cant beat it.

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

never heard of any problems with amsoil at all etiher... I love those SS's by the way

6. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 Rockstar

i just got all my Ams in the mail this week and will be changing out ALL my fluids this weekend.(engine, trans, and diff) i have been using Ams in all my cars for about 10 yrs now and have never had a problem...as i stated in one of the other threads about snyth, i have gone 10000 miles on my ams and sent it into their lab for testing. the results came back that there was still acceptable lubrication qualities with minimal wear