1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission in 6.0l problems... please help

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by tston, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tston

tston New Member

Truck is jerking real bad inbetween shifting points... would a service help or does it sound like im going to be needing a new transmission? The trucks at 90000 miles
  2. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

I dont know much about transmission issues, but i know a good way to see if you need rebuild is to drop the trans pan and see if you have any metal filing or pieces laying around. If so a rebuild is in your near future.

May also check your fluid level to make sure its properly filled first.

I normally do transmission flushes every 50k miles, some newer vehicles like toyota uses world class fluids which are good for 100k though, check your owners manual for recommended service intervals and make sure thats done. ( see trans pan at this time ).

maybe somebody else can help you with the actual cause.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How many miles since last trans service? I do mine every 40,000-50,000 miles. I run Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid. If you service the trans try adding some Lucas trans additive. It helps to desolve varnish that may be making some of the valves in the trans stick.