1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission Interchange

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Dahoopd, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Dahoopd

Dahoopd New Member

Anyone know what vehicle trans will interchange with a 1994 Silverado 2WD. I am trying to find a used trans with no luck. I was told any 94-97 2WD will work from the 4.3 to the 5.7.

I bought this truck cheap thinking finding and replacing the trans would be easy. What a joke. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Dahoopd

Dahoopd New Member

No one? Well I bought a 4L60E out of a 94 Z28, I hope its right. I havent yanked the old one to check it out.

(My next bright idea is swapping the LT1 that the trans was bolted to in my truck)
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good luck with the new tranny. I had a '96 1/2 ton that had that tranny along with the 350R motor. Never had any problems. Ir the bolt pattern is the same the only problem I can think of would be computers talking to each other. Again, good luck!