1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission Issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by timrpayne, Feb 1, 2014.

1. timrpayne

timrpayne New Member

One day my 2000 chevy siverado 1500 z71 just completly would not move anymore. It wouldn't go into gear anymore. Now if i were to turn truck off for a bit and turn it back on it would go back in to gear but it would slip really bad. I also would turn truck off then turn the truck on and it would go in reverse then forward with no problem then give out an wont go into gear no more. Any Help?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Have you Checked the Fluid Level, and the Color of the Fluid in the Transmission, and when was the last time the Transmission was Serviced.
  3. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez New Member

second that
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

if the transmission has no leaks and suddenly it stopped working what may have happened is the sun shell cracked. when this internal tranny part fails the pressures drop and you loose drivetrain power.

these parts fail when the fluid is not replaced along with the filter. temps run high and the fluid turns to acid which eats at the metal...