1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sandbagger, Jul 26, 2013.

1. sandbagger

sandbagger New Member

I have a2007 2500 hd 6.0l chev extended cab 4x4. While on way home from fishing trans mission would not shift past 2nd gear.I disconnected battery cables for 10 minutes and worked fine all the way home.next time out same thing but my speedo n tach was all over the place disconnected batteries was good to go. there is the 6 speed transmission with the manual shift on shifter ,also the manual shift would not work while the trans was acting up????
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

with the speedometer not working the tranny would not shift . need speed data. not sure about the engine tach .. most likely an electrical issue .
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care