1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TRANSMISSION MODS

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Conlan Rose, May 6, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I looked up the replacement A/C condenser for my truck and its the smaller radiator in front. Also based on my RPO codes the front cooler seems to be an factory aux cooler. I will trace all of the lines once I get the time to take the grill off from what I can tell it will be very easy.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 on removing the grille....
  3. Conlan Rose

OK sounds good prob wont be installing it until next month due to lack of time and low on cash.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think to remove the grill there are 4 bolts along the top and one bolt in the middle where the horn is. You may also have to remove the trim piece inbetween the grill and the front bumper. It was a while ago so I don't remember. If it has keyless entry just go to the dealer and get a key fob, program it and you are done.
  5. Conlan Rose

does it cost money to get the key fob?
  6. Pikey

Yes, if you do some research and find out what model number or gm part number is the right one for your truck, let my know via a PM and I may have an old one laying around. You might be able to go to the dealer with your vin# and get the correct part number. I will then check the number that you give me with what I have. My sister had a 1996 2 door tahoe and somehow we ended up with a few extra fobs. That I can send to you for the cost of shipping. (probably between $2 and $5) You will have to figure out how to program it. Which I am sure someone here can tell you how.
  7. Conlan Rose

Thanks ill try to call the dealer today and get back to you on it.
  8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I thought that was the engine oil cooler or am I making that up?
  9. Pikey

So, I looked into it. My sisters tahoe was a 97, the fob is different and will not work with your, sorry. I found the fobs for $49 online. But, that is a lot more then $5
  10. Conlan Rose

Its ok I'll just go to the dealer it cant be too bad there. And thats weird because online it says that the fobs are for 95,96,97 model years. [MENTION=48233]rileyjr16[/MENTION] I'm not sure because my RPIO codes indicate both should be installed on the truck.