1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission(not shifting)

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by busytwinmom, Nov 24, 2009.

1. busytwinmom

busytwinmom New Member

I have an 03 :great:trailblazer and was driving this morning and all of a sudden the service engine light went on and it did not want to accelerate. Now in drive it has a hard time to begin to accelerate and will rev the RPM's up but will continue to go faster if needed it just won't shift. I can manually shift with 1,2,&3. The transmission fluid is fine. Could this mean my trans is going out or could it be a computer problem? How can I tell? All your advise would be great, I have 2 sets of twins and I cannot afford to go to the dealer. Help please.....
  2. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

Im not an expert but my mom had a tahoe that was doing kinda the same thing and her's ended up being the torque convertor
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had the same thing for my thunderbird in college, it was the MAF, it was shot and was not giving the ECM the proper info so it wasnt letting the tranny shift as it was being told it wasnt meeting its settings for the needed shift points, but i think it could have just been a ford thing. But after a new MAF it ran like a charm.
  4. busytwinmom

busytwinmom New Member

That would help me if I knew what the heck an MAF was>>>>>>>
  5. Demick

Demick New Member

MAG sensor is a Mas Airflow Sensor. it measures how much air goes in the intake. its right after the air filter.