Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission problem 93 Van

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Nelly, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Nelly

Nelly New Member

Hi all,
    What a great forum I've found here :great:
    I've not long had a 93 Chevy van. It has a 4L60e trans in it, with some problems. The guy who had it before towed a big caravan a couple of times and it started slipping in drive. It now does not engage in drive at all. I'm pretty much assuming the bands are worn or similar and was looking at a replacement I can get from a 2002 4.3 V6 Blazer. Is this a direct swap into the van.
    Thanks
    Neil
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the website. You need to find a 93 transmission. The 2002 is different. Your best bet is to have your transmission rebuilt. Otherwise your just asking for problems.
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

whats the difference? the bell housing is the same, and they both are the 4l60e i think, if the 02 has the 4l60e it should work
  4. Jimmiee

The 93 model has a different harness and the lock up solenoids are different. The valve body's are different and matched to the PCM as well as the axle ratio and weight of the vehicle. The cases are different where the MLP sensor bolts on. The torque converters are different and won't interchange. Shall I go on? :)
  5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lol thats good, thanks, i just didn't know
  6. Nelly

Nelly New Member

Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys, I like this forum. So it appears I'm askin for trouble with the Blazer box. Even though it is cheap, it sounds like a bit of work. I think a rebuild is the way forward. Can anyone reccomend a good rebuild kit to get it back to where it should be?
    Thanks again
    Neil:money:
  7. Jimmiee

Check the 700R4 thread from Joe Ai rforce. He just finished rebuilding one today. The 700 is basically the same transmission as the 4L60E except it's not electronically controlled.