Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Transmission question

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by taxidriver20, Jan 14, 2012.

1. taxidriver20

taxidriver20 New Member

Hello all it's been a while since I have been here. Today I fear I blew 2nd gear in my 2003 silverado Z71 extended cab. Obviously I am going to need a rebuild,my questions are 1- I have noticed a lag between the 1st and 2nd gear shift at wot i think i remember the cure for this is a corvette servo am i correct and if so does anyone have the part# i would need? 2-Any other mods or things i should request?

Thanks

2. taxidriver20

taxidriver20 New Member

Update

Well I had my transmission rebuilt,it turns out 2nd and 4th gear were junk! It is a 4/60e trans had it rebuilt with these add ons
    1. Corvette servo (To solve sloppy 1-2 shift)
    2. Heavy Duty 3rd@4th clutch pack.
    3. 5 Roller front pinion planetary gear (came stock w/4 roller).
    The truck now shifts absolutely perfectly! At normal throttle shifts are smooth and barely noticeable,At 1/2-3/4 acceleration shifts noticeably firm up with no lag. At wot hits hard with no lag will put it up against any shift kit!! The downshifts are effortless and firm! I am also running a superchip program set on performance. And for all u superchip doubters out there come take a ride in my truck NIGHT AND DAY difference between stock and performance settings!!:great: