1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmission "Slap" at low speed acceleration, 2010 Sierra

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Falcone, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Well guys, this has been a slight thorn in my foot for a while and just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same thing.
    When I'm crawling along stuck in traffic, or say approaching a stop in traffic on the road and I'm rolling towards it, if the traffic starts moving and I lightly press on the gas, sometimes it pauses and then "slaps" into gear. It doesn't usually do this if I pres the gas a fair amount, but that means I'm going to have to put on the brakes pretty hard in a few seconds as the traffic jams is still there and I just wanted to speed up a little bit to move up.

Anyone else have this happen at all?

Its a 2010 4.8 4X4 ext cab with Z85 and G80
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Just wondering, do you have a auto 4spd. or the 6spd.??
  3. Falcone

damn sure its the 4spd, but where in the vin can I find out? It also happens in corners or other situation where you might be coasting for a second then press the gas again, its usually around the 10-20 km/h mark.
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  5. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Just a thought, do you have the selectable tow/haul mode on your truck? I have a 2000 yukon that acts somewhat the same under light load light throtle(spelling?) When selected it changes how it decides to shift under different conditions. It has changed the way it behaves for me but not a great deal and I don't do enough in town driving to be bothered with it. Maybe they can offer a program upgrade that would improve the shift characteristics or even an after market programer such as is mentioned in the performance forum.
  6. Falcone

yeah I've been thinking about a programer, they change your shift points and such for different driving styles right? I need one for grid lock traffic forsure. just make it stay in 2nd unless I go below 5.

Is it blue something that does the custom tunes?
  7. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I recall that Bear does a realy good job but I have no first hand knowledge.
  8. robytar

robytar New Member

Hello, my 02 silverado does this same thing once in a while, not sure why but it is annoying!
  9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

It happens in my truck as well, I think it's just the way that transmission (4L60E) is. I even had a recent transmission flush and it still sometimes makes the slapping sound.