Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

transmission

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Bill1996, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Bill1996

Bill1996 New Member

Hi all brand new to the club.My transmission has gone out,176k not bad for ck1500.So a new one is going in.$1500 worth.I do not have a transmission jack though.Do you think i can do it with a regular jack if i have a steel plate welded so as to give it a place to sit.Or i have heard that you can use a ATV/motorcycle jack.Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.Can't seem to find a place that rents them. Thanks in advance Bill
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the club. I have installed 4L60Es with a floor jack. It's not hard on a 2WD truck as you don't have to tilt it but be careful if you have a 4X4. They make a cool transmission jack adapter that sits on a floor jack. I have seen different ones but I'm not sure who makes them. I'll see if I can find some info for you. Also, you can always rent a jack if necessary.