1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transmisson wont shift into 4th

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by CJ2012, Jan 30, 2012.

1. CJ2012

CJ2012 New Member

i have a 99 silverado 4x4 with a 5.3l and my transmission is refusing to go into overdrive now. it clicks and pops every now and then when i shift it into drive. it lags going into reverse. i have a bullydog programmer on it and it shows a shift solenoid a malfunction. any ideas? i had this transmission rebuilt about a year ago.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My brother had this problem twice on his 99. We replaced all the solenoids and it was good. They're in the pan. Once we fixed that she was good to go till it happened again and we replaced a part above the solenoids and it was golden.
  3. CJ2012

CJ2012 New Member

Any info on how hard it is to change em and the expense I'm looking at?
  4. rileyjr16

Drain and drop pan and pull the clips that hold them in and pull em out. Don't quote me but it shouldn't be more than two hundred fifty. Not exactly sure though on price.
  5. CJ2012

CJ2012 New Member

OK well thanks a transmission kinda scares me so we are taking it to the Guy who rebuilt it he said it won't be to mthanks for everything
  6. rileyjr16

No prob great group here