GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Travel Music Playlists

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by SmokeU, Aug 2, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

Going to South Dakota to go camping in Custer State Park with a 12' pop up tent which from were we live here in Fitchburg, WI, MapQuest says its gonna be an 11 and some minutes drive. I was wondering what you would have in your playlist for long travels like this.
  2. trapperdon

trapperdon New Member

cant go wrong with the harley davidson series of " road rock " cd's .....
    if you are into classic rock that is.

:great: :sign0011:
  3. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member

well my self, I do it all ;)
  4. trapstud

trapstud New Member

Some monster ballads...., Metallica, Megadeth, and some Country to piss in the mrs.' cheerios
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Id run some more AC/DC As well always a good way to get your blood pumping on a long drive.. I listen to a lot of country as well.. I used to run from Ga to MN and back a week later on leave and my wife slept so i go run of the radio.. A lot of country, and then rock when i needed a pick me up...
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator

I have my favorites playlist that's some 250 songs long. Also good for the road are longer songs so you don't mentally see the long progression of songs. A good band with longer songs are Dream Theater. Most of their songs are at least 8 minutes long and involve a lot of keyboard synth and prolonged guitar riffs.
  7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member

drum & bass, techno, trip hop. any music that will make me get to my destination faster!!!! haha jk.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

That requires an Ipod of sorts:lol:and i dont even have the foggiest how to use one and wont buy one.... But if youve got one thats a good way to go.....
  9. Chadlys93Silverado

Chadlys93Silverado New Member

Black Label Society has a terrific selection! I would definately throw in the Metallica as well. (At least everything up to, and including the black album).
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

I definitely like to mix it up. Otherwise, I get too bored. Bring some No-Doz.
  11. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Have to go with Alan Jackson, hey I'm live in Alabama.
  12. vnslykrx

vnslykrx New Member

I'd have to go with classic rock, really what I'm saying is, I'd have to go with Rush!!
  13. qn74

qn74 New Member

Music

Depending on what type of mood I'm in depends on the music I listen to. Typical road trip moods are anxious and bored, so I will throw in some red dirt music: Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Casey Donahew Band. It's country will an old age southern rock to it.
  14. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member

I think on a trip like that the main thing is going to be to mix it up to the point that your musical interest is broadened by the time you get back. I can't see listening to just country and rock for 11 hours in a vehicle...after a while the songs start sounding the same.
  15. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

Nice choice, sir!

For me, if I'm falling asleep, I blast some Techno, Dubstep, or House. Otherwise, my iPod is all over the place. Country, Texas Country, Metal, Classic Rock, Orchestra, Folk, etc. I go on kicks. I was on a pretty big Country kick for a while but I got a bit burned out. Right now I'm kind of attached to Bon Iver, Coldwar Kids, Fleet Foxes, Death Cab for Cutie, Sufjan Stevens, etc. Modern folk I guess...
  16. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

New ZAC BROWN BAND cd (You Get What You Give) is absolutley amazing,what a talented band.
  17. Springthing

Springthing New Member

All of the above***

I need to have music and if it's a long road trip, like I'm going to be gone a while, I'll fill up the ipod and have a few 4G flash drives. I have songs that repeat on all of them but one is more geared towards "angry music", "slow, soft", or "stay awake", etc.

If it's a short trip...few hours..there and back.. I have a few MP3 CDs that are filled with various stuff.

Metallica, barenaked ladies, lenny kravitz, ac/dc, joe walsh, jonny lang, bob&tom stuff, theory of a deadman, etc etc.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  18. Springthing

Springthing New Member

songs.jpg

My music library has a few hours' worth of music to choose from..
    :glasses: