1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Travel Music Playlists

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by SmokeU, Aug 2, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

Going to South Dakota to go camping in Custer State Park with a 12' pop up tent which from were we live here in Fitchburg, WI, MapQuest says its gonna be an 11 and some minutes drive. I was wondering what you would have in your playlist for long travels like this.
  2. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

cant go wrong with the harley davidson series of " road rock " cd's .....
    if you are into classic rock that is.

:great: :sign0011:
  3. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

well my self, I do it all ;)
  4. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Some monster ballads...., Metallica, Megadeth, and some Country to piss in the mrs.' cheerios
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Id run some more AC/DC As well always a good way to get your blood pumping on a long drive.. I listen to a lot of country as well.. I used to run from Ga to MN and back a week later on leave and my wife slept so i go run of the radio.. A lot of country, and then rock when i needed a pick me up...
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have my favorites playlist that's some 250 songs long. Also good for the road are longer songs so you don't mentally see the long progression of songs. A good band with longer songs are Dream Theater. Most of their songs are at least 8 minutes long and involve a lot of keyboard synth and prolonged guitar riffs.
  7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

drum & bass, techno, trip hop. any music that will make me get to my destination faster!!!! haha jk.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That requires an Ipod of sorts:lol:and i dont even have the foggiest how to use one and wont buy one.... But if youve got one thats a good way to go.....
  9. Chadlys93Silverado

Chadlys93Silverado New Member

Black Label Society has a terrific selection! I would definately throw in the Metallica as well. (At least everything up to, and including the black album).
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I definitely like to mix it up. Otherwise, I get too bored. Bring some No-Doz.