Travel Music Playlists

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by SmokeU, Aug 2, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

Going to South Dakota to go camping in Custer State Park with a 12' pop up tent which from were we live here in Fitchburg, WI, MapQuest says its gonna be an 11 and some minutes drive. I was wondering what you would have in your playlist for long travels like this.

2. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

cant go wrong with the harley davidson series of " road rock " cd's .....
    if you are into classic rock that is.

:great: :sign0011:

3. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

well my self, I do it all ;)

4. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Some monster ballads...., Metallica, Megadeth, and some Country to piss in the mrs.' cheerios

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Id run some more AC/DC As well always a good way to get your blood pumping on a long drive.. I listen to a lot of country as well.. I used to run from Ga to MN and back a week later on leave and my wife slept so i go run of the radio.. A lot of country, and then rock when i needed a pick me up...

6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have my favorites playlist that's some 250 songs long. Also good for the road are longer songs so you don't mentally see the long progression of songs. A good band with longer songs are Dream Theater. Most of their songs are at least 8 minutes long and involve a lot of keyboard synth and prolonged guitar riffs.

7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

drum & bass, techno, trip hop. any music that will make me get to my destination faster!!!! haha jk.

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That requires an Ipod of sorts:lol:and i dont even have the foggiest how to use one and wont buy one.... But if youve got one thats a good way to go.....

9. Chadlys93Silverado

Chadlys93Silverado New Member

Black Label Society has a terrific selection! I would definately throw in the Metallica as well. (At least everything up to, and including the black album).

10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I definitely like to mix it up. Otherwise, I get too bored. Bring some No-Doz.