Travel Traliers

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by brownbomb, Nov 16, 2006.

1. brownbomb

brownbomb Rockstar

Just wondering what kind of travel traliers are being pulled by your burbs (model, weight, length, etc..)?????

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Great question!

We towed a trailer all the time I was growing up. 27' Prowler weighing upwards of 6500 lbs when fully loaded I guess. That was a lot of trailer to pull, but we did a lot of camping.

Currently, we're looking for a small pop-up trailer to tow, but we'll use our Trailblazer for that. I tow a utility trailer for work with the burban, but it's light duty up to 3500 lbs.

3. larryderouin

larryderouin New Member

With the '99 K500 i tow a 1994 Innsbruck 18ft. TT ( Full up weight is 5200# incl. water,LP, food, clothes, dog, wife, me and misc. junk.....(hers)). Also a 1996 19ft. Sea-pro Classic 1900 Cuddy cabin. And for dump runs, etc., a 4x8 utility. Have pulled a 28ft. Travel trailer but it didn't feel too good. Probably 'cause it was at the weight limit.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, it's not a comfortable feeling towing something that heavy. When I moved across country 8 years ago, I towed a simple 6x12 uHaul trailer that was loaded to capacity! Let me tell you something, that's something that I don't care to do again if I can help it. We were limited to going about 55 MPH the entire trip (maybe I could hit 60 sometimes), but it requires a different type of driving for a LONG time.

5. brownbomb

brownbomb Rockstar

What were you towing with on that cross country move?