Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Treble comin out of woofer, aftermarket deck and amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ryan380, May 2, 2009.

1. ryan380

ryan380 New Member

I've got a new Alpine deck and its puttin treble and bass out to the amp and in turn to the subwoofer. he deck has subwoofer setting controls and the output jacks on back of deck says subwoofer. so i don't know whats going on. played with all the settings on amp and didn't fix problem. I've heard sometimes that you have to hook certain wires to other wires but don't know details.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Make sure the settings for the RCA outs on the deck are actually set to amp within the internal menu of the apline deck, I know I have a cheaper alpine deck and it only has one set of rca outs but it is adjustable to strictly subwoofer

3. ryan380

ryan380 New Member

turned auxilery on and theres still treble through the woofer, its also the lowest end alpine deck i can hook my ipod to

4. vncj96

You probably have the same as I do, You can go internally in the deck and switch the RCA outs from front to subwoofer, if its still f'd up then return it

5. ryan380

ryan380 New Member

actually take the deck apart? or is there a switch im missing??

6. vncj96

Its within the menu settings of the deck you should be able to switch it to a mono for the subwoofer to take the treble out, most likely form the factory the menu settings are to send the signal for a front speaker setup. If you cant figure it out let me know, I will take a peek at mine and see what I can come up with tomorrow, send me a private message if you need some more help:great:

7. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Does you deck have a hi-pass filter? If it does, tune it to 120 and it will only push that to your component speakers or w/e you have in the doors.

You should be able to adjust the frequencies in the subwoofer controls as well. If you can, set it to 100 and it will only allow bass to the sub.

8. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

what kind of amp are you useing to push it try running a mono amp if your not and that should stop the problem

9. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

check to make sure your high pass filter switch on your amp is on.

10. TUTONE

TUTONE Rockstar

Could buy an aftermarket crossover to fine tune which frequencies go to which speakers.