1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tri-y headers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by KyleZ71, Dec 15, 2010.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

2. KyleZ71

Any thought? Any at all?
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Kyle, all my new posts pages are dissappearing so I didn't see your post till now. Tri Y headers are the newest & best tech for street/strip cars, but they are expensive & they don't make them for many engine/chassis combinations. I think this is because they are so expensive that not many people buy them, so they only make them for the MOST popular ones. If you can find a set that fit & you can afford them, I'd say buy em.
  4. KyleZ71

Those on that link are custom made for the 5.3L vortec motors. You can get them coated and all other things custom for the headers like y pipe and high flow cats
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Kyle, if you can afford the coating, GET IT TOO!! You gain performance 2 ways with the coating. Keeping the heat inside the tubes speeds up the flow, & keeping it out of the engine compartment also adds gains. That would be a set I would like to have but can't really justify the expense.
  6. KyleZ71

Yeah I'm on the same boat with you for the time being