Tried To Wax n' Shine my truck.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ippielb, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ippielb

3. ippielb

4. ippielb

Tell me what you guys and gals think. Also, I'm really badly needing a suspension lift. What do you peoples think i should do, Rough Country 4" Suspension lift, or a Rough Country 6" suspension lift?

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Boy oh boy does that look sharp! I think your cleaning skills have come a long ways since the ROTM, there is nothing like the look of a freshly washed and waxed truck. I can tell that a whole can of tire shine was used in the production of these pictures, I give it 2 thumbs up for sure. How long did it take you from start to finish, wash, wax, tire shine, all of it? I am just curious that's all,...............oh and I almost forgot did you clean under that hood mister? :gasp: Even if you didn't I know the gravel roads play hell on your truck, so you get a pass but an A+ for effort! :great:

6. ippielb

Uhmm... Couple hours? 2-3 hours cleaning, and i cleaned my engine two days ago at the car wash. Put my truck in there, rinsed it off, waiting for my engine to cool down. Then i put a plastic bag over the alternator and then used the "Engine Clean" selection on the dial. It's too dark to take pictures now. But by tomorrow morning, my tires will be gray again. After i drive down the gravel road, they'll be brown from the dust. same with my truck. This is how i feel for all my effort... lol

7. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

what do you mean tried, looks pretty damned waxed and shined to me! I feel your pain on the tires I grew up with the road to my mothers being gravel . wash and shine one day then good bye the next. go figure it got paved as soon as I moved out.

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I think for 2-3 hours that looks super, that is about how long it takes me to do the interior of my truck. But I know one thing If your truck was black you could easily double that, it is a shame it gets messed up so fast though. I have always wondered how that engine degreaser option worked, sometimes I use that to get the tar off of my wheels and it works good.

9. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Looks good from those pics. You've got one of the easiest colors to keep clean, which is a nice bonus! But if you really want to see how well you did, wait until you can get the paint under light or direct sunlight. That'll show any imperfections or mistakes much better than when it's in the shade.

And either way, still a nice truck you have there.

10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great! I don't know how you deal with the gravel roads every day, we went to my sister in laws campground the other day (wet gravel road) and I was ready to go into convulsions at the sight of my truck covered in muddy brown dirt :gasp: but I think I have O.C.D. when it comes to my truck!