Trimming question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by TxTrophyHunter21, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TxTrophyHunter21

TxTrophyHunter21 New Member

I recently put a 2.5 leveling kit on my 08 silverado. I am wanting to put 295/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers on, and was wondering if I am going to have to do some trimming on the plastic for these tires?? I am open to alittle trimming but nothing major. Any help would be appreciated!!

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I know 285s fit with no problem but you might need to do some minor plastic trimming for 295's.

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran the ReadyLift 2.25 which gave 2.5 of lift with 295/70r17 trail grapps and they rubbed on the sway bar and I had to cut a bunch of plastic. If you want pics of what that size looks like with level kit just let me know and I will post some up.

4. TxTrophyHunter21

yeah that would be great!!

5. ajarman

This is ReadyLift 2.25 up front and ReadyLift 2" rear block.

[​IMG]

Here is one with the factory rear block

[​IMG]

6. TxTrophyHunter21

man that truck looks awesome! i was thinking about buying some of those tow mirrors a while back but never got around to it. do you like the mirrors? instead of the normal ones

7. ajarman

Wish I would have done it sooner. It is amazing what you can see with them and turn signal lights were just that much more of a bonus.

8. TxTrophyHunter21

That sounds great. how much did you end up buying them for?

9. ajarman

Got them from a Chevy dealership and they were around 400. I believe you can get kool vues for half that.