Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Trimming with 6 inch lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by rehu22, Nov 21, 2012.

1. rehu22

rehu22 New Member

hey i have a 6" lift on my 2010 gmc sierra and i ordered 295-70-18 tires would i have to trim with these tires if i do how much?

2. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

You shouldn't have to trim at all! You can fit 35s with a 6" lift. the 295/70r18s are like 34.5".

3. rehu22

rehu22 New Member

thanks mcrews i was told that with my 35x 12.5 that if i was to hit a bump the rear part of the fender may rub. I went a bit smaller to make sure thanks again though.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Since only tire size was mentioned, below, and there was no context given as to what wheel the tire is to be used on, it is unclear if trimming is needed.

Why? Wheel backspacing/offset can heavily affect whether you must trim. 295/70R18 tires might force you to trim if used on a wheel with that deviates enough from a 0 offset (which is the default for the OEM wheels). Since no one mentioned the wheel size or its backspacing/offset, any conclusion as to trimming would be premature, as not enough information was provided to make a call based on solid data.

5. rehu22

rehu22 New Member

surreal it will be used on a 18 inch xd monster wheel with 14mm backspacing

- - - Updated - - -

surreal it will be used on a 18 inch xd monster wheel with 14mm backspacing

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

18x9? If so, 14mm is probably fine. I'm eyeballing that. Worst case scenario there could be very minor trim work but 20 mins and a dremel would cure it. :)