Tripmeter quit working

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by speedbird, May 5, 2009.

1. speedbird

speedbird New Member

Hi,

I always reset the tripmeter when I refuel the Burb and today when I clicked on the reset knob I noticed it won't rotate the numbers at all. Since then the meter hasn't moved anymore either. Is there any way at all to fix it?

Thanks.

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Mine gave up a year ago. I didn't want to bother with a cluster replacement just for the trip meter but you may want to. Check out LMC truck parts.

3. speedbird

speedbird New Member

Thanks for the reply. So the only solution to the problem seems to be the replacement of the whole instrument block. Isn't there a way to fix just the tripmeter?

4. unplugged

Of the various dashes I've had apart, I've never had any luck with repairs to the trip odometer. Like me, most folks don't have the tools, skills, or spare parts needed.

btw, you might want to update your profile with the model/make/year/options on your vehicle. Of course the pic is nice.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  5. speedbird

speedbird New Member

Okay, no worries then. The tripmeter is not a very necessary thing for me anyway.

What options do you mean I should add? Like factory options or stuff that is installed on it?

6. unplugged

Its a good idea to mention things like auto trans, engine size, lift kit in your profile. Mention other options like dual exhaust, headers, intake manifold in the body of your text if it might help with the diagnosis.

btw Nice vette. (I used to bag on vettes til I drove a few.) Lately I've even considered picking up a mid 80's vette just for fun.