Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Troubleshooting a P0307 code

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by hblock72, Oct 25, 2009.

1. hblock72

hblock72 New Member

I have a 2007 new body style silverado w/ the 5.3 engine that stated missing on the way home from work the other day. Check engine light came on with a P0307 cylinder #7 misfire code. In successive order, I've done the following clearing the code between each step: 1) swapped #5 and #7 spark plug 2) swapped #5 and #7 plug wire and 3) swapped #5 and #7 coil. After each swap the same P0307 code came back. I assumed I'd find the bad part and a P0305 would come up, but no such luck. So i'm about out of options. Does anybody have any ideas? The plug seemed to have a good bit of fuel on it when I pulled it, so i'm doubtful it's the injector, but who knows. Wondering if it's something mechanical in that cylinder. Again, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'll bet it's the injector. A small piece of debris in there is all it takes.

3. hblock72

hblock72 New Member

Finally gave up and took it to the dealership. They found it had a bad lifter. The good news is it's covered under the 100k powertrain warranty. The bad news is it's got a bad lifter. Oh well, life goes on.