1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

truch leveling info

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dewfamily, May 16, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. dewfamily

dewfamily New Member

I have a 2000 Silverado reg cab/short bed. The po had put 265/70/17 tires on it. It had the stock ride height. I bought a set of shackles off ebay and 'lowered' it about 2 inches. It still seems a little high in the back end. What can I do to get it level?
  2. dewfamily

dewfamily New Member

anyone? Could use some help. Do I need to raise the front alittle. If so, how?
  3. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

You can remove the shackles and purchase a leveling kit for the front end
  4. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

You can order another shackle or remove the blocks in the rear or do like he said and run a smal leveling kit
  5. dewfamily

dewfamily New Member

what kind of small leveling kit?
  6. dewfamily

dewfamily New Member

truck leveling

Any help? What kind of leveling kit?
  7. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member 100 Posts

1. Park on level ground
    2. Make sure box is empty
    3. Measure from the center on your rear wheel at the axle up to the bottom of the wheel well
    4. Measure from the center on your front wheel at the axle up to the bottom of the wheel well
    5. Subtract the measurements to find the difference
    6. Purchase a front end levelling kit that matches the difference

ex: if you measure 42" rear and 40" front you need a 2" front leveling kit. (I just made these numbers up, don't use them as a guide.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012