1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

truck beat?!?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by jiujitsu, Dec 1, 2008.

1. jiujitsu

jiujitsu Rockstar

alright guys i gotta i read another thread talking bout only 1 tire spining doing a burn out....my truck wont even spin them,i have a 05 z71 4x4 5.3 i have bigger tires on there now but even with the little stock they wouldnt spin.my old ford would get it and i didnt have much of a concern until i towed my new boat and it didnt seam like it was doin that bang up of a job.could i have a beat truck or bad gearing in the rear? lemme know how all your trucks are because it seams to take off fast but i dunno...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the 5.3 and i can "chirp" the tires if i floor it off a light.
    I can turn a corner and get on it and they will squeal.

Has your truck been "slipping" or have you noticed anything else unusual?

&I fixed the post for ya. :glasses:
  3. GMC era

GMC era Rockstar

Mine will but I'm 2wd. Here's a video of mine.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_zoemuVvY[/media]
  4. jiujitsu

jiujitsu Rockstar

ive never noticed it to be slipping i was alomost looking for a traction control button when i took off the line when i got it...hmm i might just say its slipping and let them look at it and gimmie some sort of reasoning
  5. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

My truck wont spin the tires unless going around a sharp wet corner as well but I am running 35's. I think that a intake would help but. I can't wait to get a tuner. I had one for my dodge and it really helped. Then I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was driving a dodge! lol
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you have any mods to speak of? Intake. exhasut, programmer or custom tune are awesome starting points.
  7. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

I have an 05 silverado with the 5.3L and the reason you can't spin them is because of the computer in the truck along with the locking differential. My truck has alot more power than my old one and my old one could spin them. Holding the brake then pushing the gas the my truck won't brake torque but you can feel and hear the computer limiting the engine. Nothing is wrong with the engine it is just the advances in the engine's computer.
  8. jiujitsu

jiujitsu Rockstar

the mod question all i have is the k&n air filter i ordered exhaust and i would like to look into a chip or something im just happy theres nothing wrong with the truck im not real concerned if the tires spin just wanted to know why thx for the responses oh an i do ave bigger tires on there now but it didnt do it before i got them with the stock
  9. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

right on think we can answer that
  10. southernlunatic17

southernlunatic17 New Member

one wheel wonder

hey i have a 05 1500 2wd with towing pkg. my truck has a limited slip with close ratios. Also mine boils both tires due to the limited slip.i have no problem with towing or spinning the wheels. i have 285/60/18 and i can boil them off. i think you may have a gearing problem with the extra size tire. but there is still a possibility that u just have a lemon on your hands
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008