1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

truck came in handy

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Mar 5, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

I was home this last weekend and my mom needed me to help finish centering a rock in front of our mailbox.
    I guess my little brother and some friends got it there earlier in the week but it need some final tweaks. And she also wanted to put our street number on it.

photo 4 (3).jpg

this piece of rock easily topped 400 pounds (dont believe me? I dont care) Ive moved some heavy **** before and even when its heavy you can still at least push it on the ground, my brother and I couldnt move it together, of course he had 3 friends help him pick it up and put it on a trailer to get it to the mailbox in the first place.

Nonetheless, I thought of an EXCELLENT idea!

i had some tie down straps in my bed so I hooked two together wrapped them around the rock and my ball hitch, and gave it some gas while my brother stabilized the rock. BOOM! that did the trick, then we put the numbers on with some liquid nail.

photo 5 (3).jpg

gotta love trucks!
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. That's awesome! I know what it's like to drag those rocks around and they can be some heavy sob's.
    Last year I built a big fire pit and dragged some large rocks uphill with my truck. I wish I had taken some pics or vids. I had also pulled down a large tree that had broken 20' up the same day. Anyways it's a blast to get out there and put the trucks and 4wd to the test.

:great:

Here is a pic of the tree and the rocks...
    IMAG0374.jpg
    IMAG0426.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Good job.... Mom Loves you now....:great:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Got 'er done. :great:

I'd have winched it. :neutral:
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

yeah yeah yeah, not all of us have those..... :p

Alex
  6. SurrealOne

In the words of Ferris Bueller: "I love [...] it. It is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up."
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The "Like A Rock" moved a rock. :great:
  8. SurrealOne

Funny stuff! :great: