1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck dead this morning

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by redNecKansas, Jun 16, 2013.

1. redNecKansas

redNecKansas New Member

ok guys my truck was running fine last night. i get up this morning to get some things out of it and noticed that the drls did not light up to unlock the truck. i tried to start when i got to it and nothing. hooked up a jump pack to it and it started right up with the code of P1516 checked it out and took a look at the MAF sensor and the throttle body. TB is fine but 2 wires of the MAF sensor were nicked so i spliced them and soldered a small piece of wire to see if it would work. when i went to start it again nothing, but this time dash lights and radio were working. again hooked up jump pack and started right up. all grounds are good everything is tight and no corrosion. i am just at a lose on what it could be besides maybe the battery like it was about 4 months ago when i had to get another one from o' rileys, lucky for me the battery was under warranty. this one is still under warranty so would be no problem to get another one. I have not checked any fuse-able links yet, so they may be a problem?

anything will help guys