1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Truck got hurt today.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by adampaul1964, Sep 23, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So I was taking my daughter Rachel to school today as usual and I pull up behind a new Chevy Cruze at the stop sign that connects my development with PA 16. I'm only stopped for a few seconds when the woman decides to back up to give a dump truck room to turn onto our road. I laid on the horn and look in my mirror and I have cars behind me so I can't back up, and she keeps on coming and smacks into my front bumper.

Naturally I get out and say WTF! Now we exchange info, no police called because nowadays they won't even come if no one is hurt, they just tell you to exchange info and move on. So I call her insurance, give my statement and the claims lady says, " my client states that her car was in park at the time of impact so we aren't paying".

So I say WTF again and call my insurance only to find out that she has filed a claim against me! I don't have witnesses, so my insurance is going to be stuck with the bill, I have accident forgiveness so a rate increase shouldn't be an issue, it just amazes me that people can be so dishonest, or I guess I really should expect no less these days.

Damage is minimal, I guess, in my mind any damage is bad. I think the SS cover is going to be ok but the metal bumper and bracketry is going to need replacement. The paint looks undamaged but the left side of the bumper is pushed back about 2".

Undamaged passenger side.

[​IMG]

Driver side damage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sucks, but yes people seem to be taking lieing to new heights, I dont think theres many honest people left out there.
    I wonder what she was doing sitting at what sounds like a busy intersection in park?

"Jerry are you up a pole again?
    I miss you Jessica.
    Jerry are you crying?
    No I bit my tounge."

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know how they can sleep at night. I believe she will have to pay for her dishonesty in some way, something will come back on her and bite her in the a$$. I did make a mistake in the original post though it, should have said her car was in drive at the time of impact.
    And on another note her insurance company is Nationwide....they are definitely "on her side"!

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That sucks Adam. I am sure there is nothing you can do because it is their word vs. yours. Just hope that one day they will get payback 10 fold.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry about your truck Adam. If it ever happens again make the person wright a statement that they hit you and were at fault.

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about that Adam. If you have her name etc, a little internet searching and............ Ok thats probably wrong. Hopefully kharma comes around and bites her in the arse.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that sucks. So glad I have a good camera phone so I can take pics right then and there.

I'm never going to call anyone else's insurance after what Farmers did to me at my last wreck.

8. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are times when I, at least, wish axe handle justice can be successfully applied. Howsomever, that not being the correct way to deal with situations, take comfort in knowing that goes around, comes around...!

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You might want to see if the dump truck can be tracked down. That might help a little bit.

10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about that Adam. I assume you didn't get her number. Keep us updated on your bumper. You just got that finished and now this. That sucks!