1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck Gun

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by f0n3b0y, Nov 6, 2013.

1. f0n3b0y

f0n3b0y New Member

Two questions:

1) What do you use for a truck gun?

2) How do you secure and/or conceal it?

Mine is about to get zeroed. It's a Chinese SKS with a Hogue side-folder so it is very compact. I've got 3 - 30 rd. steel mags and 3 - 20 rd. composite mags (Tapco). I'm almost done with my work on the gun; now I have to find a way to securely mount it so it's accessible but not easily removed in the event of a truck break-in.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What do you mean truck gun?
  3. f0n3b0y

f0n3b0y New Member

A gun to keep in the truck, in the event it is ever expedient to have one. There's a bunch of stuff on YouTube related to the guns, but not so much how people handle mounting, securing and concealing in a truck.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I keep my PT845 with zombie loads in the center console and a .380 under the driver seat.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sorry. Written that way made me think of something like a gattling gun on the hood of something. Haha
  6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah,I was wondering about that too
    Like James Bonds Ashton Martin with those machine guns.
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well being from Canada, I was thinking a "gun to shoot trucks", like an elephant gun......haha. Just having fun with ya Steve
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I use one of those finger combo slim safes that fit neatly under the driver's seat, which is cabled in, when I have to leave my gun in the truck...other than that, I have a CCW permit.
  9. f0n3b0y

f0n3b0y New Member

That totally works!! :) Not quite concealable, but great for BAMF intimidation factor :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking more along the lines of this: http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/197.jpeg

The idea being something mounted but reasonably concealed or inaccessible so it meets legal requirements. Locked/secure as I intend to use either a .223/5.56 or 7.62X39 (most likely as I have a compact SKS) that I don't want to make easy for someone to walk away with.

- - - Updated - - -

I have one of those - nice 'lil bulldog vault that takes care of things at the office where my CPL doesn't apply.
  10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

All I have is a mosberg 158 .22 rifle at the moment. I'm fond of the sks and glocks .45. As for where to put them, idk. Never had one to keep in the truck.