Truck in Ditch

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by DaveyBoyo, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DaveyBoyo

DaveyBoyo Rockstar

So I'm on my way to work yesterday morning about 8:30 a.m. Road conditions are slick. I'm driving 55 MPH in the passing lane, with the speed of traffic. I need to merge into the driving lane in order to make a right-hand turn.

As I merge, my truck fishtails violently to the left and then to the right. As I try to get it straightened out, which, at 55 on a busy highway is damned near impossible, my truck hits the shoulder and launches itself down an embankent, nearly flipping over, narrowly missing a tree and coming to rest a mere 3 ft. short of a large wooden post.

The only damage sustained came from when my boss pulled me out with his '06 Chev 3500 dually and the chain crunched in the rear quarter panel a small amount. The airdam was ripped off in the process as well. Probably $200 worth of body work.

Here are some pictures. Talk about a close call.

Attached Files:

2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Glad to hear you are alright.

3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow!! That is a very close call! Glad you are alright and the damage was minimal!

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

200 bucks for a few seconds of fun is a lot of money. Glad you are OK.

5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Chain damage is crazy stuff. My friend drove through a chain that was going across an entrance to a parking lot once. one end ripped the post that was buried in like a 5 gallon pail of concrete out of the ground, the other end snapped and whipped up the driver's door. It looked like someone took a machine gun to the door.

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

close call!!! glad you are alright

7. DaveyBoyo

DaveyBoyo Rockstar

Thanks guys. I was just happy to still be here when I got outta the truck in that snow drift.