1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck in Ditch

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by DaveyBoyo, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DaveyBoyo

DaveyBoyo Rockstar

So I'm on my way to work yesterday morning about 8:30 a.m. Road conditions are slick. I'm driving 55 MPH in the passing lane, with the speed of traffic. I need to merge into the driving lane in order to make a right-hand turn.

As I merge, my truck fishtails violently to the left and then to the right. As I try to get it straightened out, which, at 55 on a busy highway is damned near impossible, my truck hits the shoulder and launches itself down an embankent, nearly flipping over, narrowly missing a tree and coming to rest a mere 3 ft. short of a large wooden post.

The only damage sustained came from when my boss pulled me out with his '06 Chev 3500 dually and the chain crunched in the rear quarter panel a small amount. The airdam was ripped off in the process as well. Probably $200 worth of body work.

Here are some pictures. Talk about a close call.

Attached Files:

2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Glad to hear you are alright.
  3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow!! That is a very close call! Glad you are alright and the damage was minimal!
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

200 bucks for a few seconds of fun is a lot of money. Glad you are OK.
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Chain damage is crazy stuff. My friend drove through a chain that was going across an entrance to a parking lot once. one end ripped the post that was buried in like a 5 gallon pail of concrete out of the ground, the other end snapped and whipped up the driver's door. It looked like someone took a machine gun to the door.
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

close call!!! glad you are alright
  7. DaveyBoyo

DaveyBoyo Rockstar

Thanks guys. I was just happy to still be here when I got outta the truck in that snow drift.