Truck Is At Dealer For Oil Consumption!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ChevyBoy2009, Aug 12, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

small dealer......
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The better looking Caravan or Windstar, that's like who's the better looking chick, Rosie O'Donnell or Roseanne Barr.

Once you get the vehicle back, maybe try getting a Hypertech or Diablo to de-activate AFM.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Im in the market for one to delete it...id love it...just to delete it and make the truck sound better with the exhaust switching from 8-4 cylinder mode driving
  4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Cool huh-caravan or windstar-minivan!!
    Well they are pretty versatile-carry lots kids or home depot stuff
    But COOL- HA,HA
    Surprised they don't have a older HHR or maybe a Equinox crossover
    Of course a used Dodge minivan or ford minivan-dirt cheeeeeep to buy

on the oil use-you figure the rings don't scape the oil off the cylinder walls as efficiently when it doesn't have combustion pressure to seat it ??
    Makes sense
    but why would changing the valve cover help that??
    And when the cylinder is shut down-both valves held closed?? so it would be sorta pulling a vacuum?
  5. ChevyBoy2009

Got my truck back about an hour ago...they found excessive oil in intake and replaced left valve cover and performed a cylinder cleaning...intake was so bad with oil they tipped it over and it poured out...they also replaced my front axle seal...truck seems to idle better now and all is good...exhaust seems alittle deeper now also...now to buy a programmer and delete AFM!
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Tell us if your MPGs before and after disabling AFM. I am very curious.
  7. ChevyBoy2009

Will do!...might be a week or 2 before i get one tho...with what ive done so far,im getting 19-21 MPG right now on highway...13-15 pulling my 30 foot camper

- - - Updated - - -

I dont want to get anything expensive or fancy for a programmer...i just wanna be able to shut off AFM,tire size,etc. Does the Diablo Sport Predator do AFM?
  8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

CheyBoy2009,

We are happy to hear that your visit at the dealership was a good experience. I would be happy to document a dealer compliment. If interested, private message us your name, contact information, VIN, and preferred dealership.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It might be a good idea to not disable the AFM.
    You have a good dealer-who is obviously going to make it right whatever it takes
    so fooling with the OEM settings-MIGHT make it tougher for the dealer to help you once you are out of warranty.
    Some dealers-and GM- will work with you even when you are out of warranty-if the problem hasn't been fixed.
    But if you do anything that changes the OEM setup-it will be tougher for a dealer to get GM to cover an out of warranty repair. Service folks MIGHT be able to tell it was reprogramed- even if you return it to original settings before bring it in-there is some sort of memory in the ECM I think.

I wonder will AFM kick in-8 to 4 cylinder-when the AC is on a high-cold setting? There might be someway to decrease how often it kicks into 4 cylinder mode-without actually changing OEM settings.Maybe increasing the load-like the AC (which is just a very small increase on these powerful V-8's)
    Luck
    Charlie
  10. CKNSLS

CKNSLS New Member 100 Posts

This product will turn off the AFM. That is the only thing it does-installs in less than 5 minutes.

www.rangetechnology.com