1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck Lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Silverado Junkie, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I have a 3-inch body lift on my '95 Silverado and would like to raise it more. I dont have the money for a suspension lift, so whats a cheap and easy way to lift it more? Thanks.
  2. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

body lift sucks, but u could do more body lift i geuss. u could crank ur torsion bars and put blocks in the back. im against doing it but its a possibility
  3. Silverado Junkie

Ok thanks but,

1.)How do i crank my torsion bars?
    2.)Where do i get "blocks"?
    3.)Where do they go?
  4. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok. blocks go in between the leaf springs and the frame. its basically an extended spring shackle.

and to crank the torsion bar you use a hex head (i think) and you turn the torsion bars clock wise. if you do that you will need an alignment. and doing that is a risk because you stretch the shocks out.

"The torsion bars on a truck or SUV connect the front-end steering assembly to the center cross member of the vehicle attached to the frame. Torsion bars apply downward pressure to the front control arm. The rear of the torsion bars (connected to the cross member) have anchor arms with bolts that can be adjusted to increase the downward pressure and lift the front of the vehicle. They can also be adjusted to decrease the pressure and lower the vehicle. Torsion bar adjustments provide an inexpensive way (other than a lift kit) for vehicle owners to increase their front ride height, either for aesthetic reasons, or to accommodate added aftermarket options, like a heavy snowplow attachment."
  5. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

you will not have torsion bars unless you have 4wd tho, and you can get block kits that go between axle and leaf springs with longer u bolts, and could get a leveling kit for the front too
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How much more lift do you want? Your maxed out on your body lift, I would highly suggest saving your money and doing a supsension lift. The more you piece your lift together the worse its going to ride...do it right and save your money.
  7. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think you should wait untill you can afford the suspension lift. Your truck will start to ride like crap otherwise.
  8. Silverado Junkie

Alright, thanks for the help guys.