1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck load of the new Tesla S...

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Enkeiavalanche, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Not bad for $50-90K.. Saw these on Rt78 in Pa heading towards NJ/NY yesterday...

Photo-0447.jpg Photo-0446.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

more info here http://www.teslamotors.com/models
  2. Stevessilver10

Stevessilver10 New Member

Pretty cool ... The inside screen is huge lol
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So, the owner of a $10,000 used SLT truck that gets 15mpg could buy 16,000 gallons of gas (at $5.00/gallon) and drive 240,000 miles on it ... without worrying about having to recharge on cross-country trips. (At 12k miles/yr that's 20 years of driving...)

OR

The owner of a $90,000 Tesla S could pay even more for electricity to charge it, could never drive cross-country without recharges, and would probably take the rest of his/her life to get a positive return on investment out of the vehicle from the fuel savings. It seems like a Prius for the rich, to me...

I'll stick to gas, thanks. I think Tesla Motors makes nifty things ... but until they become reasonably affordable they make no sense for the average buyer -- there's just no ROI in them.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013