1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck make over (in a way)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by KyleZ71, Jan 23, 2014.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I decided to bite the bullet and spend way too much on my truck yet again. As most of you know my 03 Silverado was my first vehicle and is my pride and joy. An ex or two claimed I love my truck more than them lol. Decided that I want to keep my truck, and Oct 19 I will be reporting to Sheppard AFB for 21A1 Aircraft Maintenance Officer training so I better get the truck in order as soon as I can. I purchased rust converter to help stop the rust on my frame and undercoating once converted. MOOG idler arm, pitman arm, idler arm bracket, inner and out tie rods, and Hellwig front and rear anti-sway bars. While doing this I will replace the stock brake lines with Russel braided stainless steel lines, and front and rear rotors and brakes with a powerstop cross drilled and slotted kit. I will be re-changing my power steering fluid with royal purple psf, and bleeding my brakes with castrol dot 4 fluid. Knocking on wood that no bolts or fasteners are rusted fast. If I can figure how to get the axle out of the rear end I'll replace the rear brake shields and rear emergency brake shoes. If any of you tackled any of this I would appreciate any advice or tips!
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You've got a lot going on there! You're gonna love the sway bars and the brake upgrade. Hope everything goes well.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You are going to drive it like a Vette...:great: Enjoy it!!! Post up pics and what you think when done..
  5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Are ya gonna make the All Truck Nationals this year?? Ive got some mods that will be new for the judges this year.. How about you [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] are you planning on going??
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

don't know yet Soon.. But Both of you and more better make it.... :glasses:
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I will try to go and drag my dad along again, because he will force me to go with him when he takes his 65 chevelle

- - - Updated - - -

I actually have those but could not break the bolts lose. I think I'll invest in a long pipe for the breaker bar.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to wait until February for the front sway bar to arrive from amazon. But your right I probably will since I'm three hours away from my parents.