Truck Norris (08 1/2 ton 5.3 w/4l60 &g80) Vibration in 2nd gear.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08_rado_rocker, Mar 28, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Alright, as the title says I've got a strange vibration when under a load (aka normal driving... aka 3/4 throttle or more lol) but ONLY when reaching the 4000 rpm mark and then it continues until the shift into 3rd and disappears.

This started happening as soon as I dropped the truck basically and obviously it is bothering the heck out of me..

I am kind of stumped as to what could be causing it, because (correct me if I'm wrong) a u-joint, off-balance driveshaft, or anything of that sort should be consistent throughout the entire gear span shouldn't it?

Just curious if anyone has had this same issue or not before? I couldn't find anything already in the forum.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does that truck have a mid-shaft bearing? I have seen those things cause all sorts of crazy vibration issues. I had a cracked u joint strap in the rear but it only vibrated between 35 and 38 mph, When it got worse it vibrated all the time.

3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Makes sense.. i haven't yet gotten underneath him to check and see if anything was loose, as i am only actually in possession of him 5-10 days a month lol. but that's something ill have to check! thanks bud