Truck Security

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by W1T3OUT918, Oct 28, 2012.

1. W1T3OUT918

W1T3OUT918 Member

Since Oklahoma is finally bout to pass the open carry law i thought i would add a lil aftermarket protection with me and my truck
    glock22.jpg

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Nice :great:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Silly me, I was thinking this thread was going to be about truck alarms and whatnot. :)

4. W1T3OUT918

W1T3OUT918 Member

well,,,this goes in my truck so i guess it kinda has to do with it,,,unfortunatley i couldnt find a way to mount it on the hood so i jus keep it on me and inside my truck as a deterrent for incompetent thieves:sign0020:...altho LMC does have a good d.i.y truck alarm kit.
    i guess this thread is more less whatnot.,

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Security (be it physical or logical) is never absolute and, thus, is always a layered approach designed to extend break-in time in order to a) deter would-be thieves and b) improve the odds of catching undeterred thieves in the act. A truck alarm is but one such layer. A firearm is yet another. A comprensive approach to vehicular secrity will include both (and then some).

6. W1T3OUT918

W1T3OUT918 Member

i like surreal's answer best..been in the security enforcement career for almost 3 years now,,nothing is more adrenaline pumping than clearing a house with two other officers behind you with guns at low ready...that or climbing a hill in 4low and jus at the top all u see is the sky!!