1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck seems to gallop while breaking

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by repley81, Mar 20, 2013.

1. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali that gallops while breaking. Dealership where I got it said "oh thats just how the AWD breaks"...I have a hard time believing this...Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Ok I know I misspelled braking lol...
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

How does it feel in the pedal? My guess is one of two things... antilock sensor(s) or a warped rotor. I'm sure others will chime in.
  3. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

Just went and had the rotors rotated and it seemed to help a little. Now it seems the brake petal has to be pushed harder.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I belong to an other forum where a lot of the members drive GM AWD trucks, I never heard of anyone having this problem. It may be caused by the transfer case, but it is not a normal condition. If the Cadillacs acted that way, they wouldn't sell many.

Try shifting into neutral and then applying the brake, that will, at least, remove the engine from the equation.

I am not familiar with that t-case, do you have a neutral position