Truck stalling when making sharp turns or parking

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by brunetce, Jan 29, 2012.

1. brunetce

brunetce New Member

My 2003 silverado 6.0L stalls when making sharp turns or parking. The RPMs also go down when I let off the gas. At first I thought it was an electrical issue but I've had the alternator and battery tested at auto zone and there both working fine . I going to clean my throttle body next. Does anyone have any thoughts?

2. TXFireman87

TXFireman87 New Member

my 03 has the same problem clean the throttle body very well with carb cleaner and a tooth brush. grab a rag and wipe it slean. if u have an aftermarket cold air intake. my k&n gets dirty every few months. take a damp rag soaked with carb cleaner and clean the intake piping and spray down the MAS. check ur air filter too. works every time. for my truck that is.

3. brunetce

brunetce New Member

Fixed

I took apart the throttle body to give it a good clean, looked worst than an old chimney inside. Once cleaned all issues with stalling and power issues went away, drives like new.

4. TXFireman87

TXFireman87 New Member

good to hear very unsafe to drive around in a truck that dies

5. SLCchevy

SLCchevy New Member

It could be a faulty Idle Control Valve (ICV) and some of the time cleaning it will not solve the problem, it may need to be replaced