1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck stance question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Okimaw, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

I just put on a 2" leveling kit on the front and aal on the back. I'm getting new shocks for lifted truck installed in the morning. Right now the ride is rough and after talking to my parts guy he told me that the new keys start of where the stock keys would be maxed out so I'll have to turn them way down for a decent ride, 4 or 5 turns maybe. This could leave the rear way up so I was wondering if I could use a set of extra leaf clamps on the springs to even it out a bit and if that would be a good idea safety wise, ride wise etc? Here is a pic how the truck sits right now
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

Only thing i can recommend is to get rid of the aal and get a block and u bolt kit. It will ride better and lower the rear of the truck if you go with a 3 inch block (3" because you remove the stock 2" resulting in a total 1" lift). They are not really expensive especially if you buy off ebay. I actually will have a set of slightly used 3" blocks and u bolts with all the hardware i am willing to sell if you are interested. The reason i have them is because i bought the 3 inch but with my keys my truck is actually nose high so i bought bigger blocks for the back. Let me know if your interested.
  3. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

Hey guy, thanks for the offer and I'll keep it in mind. I'll see how it rides after I get the shocks tomorrow and get back to you. The only reason I was attempting to put anything on the back was because the springs had some sag and I didnt want the nose to sit high. I went with the aal because I was reading that the blocks gave a tendency for axle wrap/tire hop as well as reduced pay load. I haul wood and stone with my truck in the warm months so thought the aal would be a better choice?
  4. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

O i got ya. Thats fine aal was a better choice for ya since you do haulin. I dont, thats why i went with the blocks. The shocks should make it a little better. What shocks did you go with?
  5. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

I went with Rancho RS 5000's. I've been hearing mixed reviews about them but I'll see how they work out. I live in a fairly big city but most 4x4 stuff has to be ordered in even by the specialty shops including shocks and the Rancho's were on hand so I took them. As common as my truck is out of the 6 or so shops around only one had one set of keys, go figure
  6. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

Yeah its like that here also with specialty part shops. I went with Rough Country Nitro 9000 shocks i like them so far but only time will tell.