Truck Tones

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Coach24, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Excellent. My father did the Santa thing for 30 years before giving it up due to loss of vision. He spent hundreds each year to have the best availble costume and he made little off it as he did it for the children more than the money. I filled in aon a few occassions but I prefer coaching to doing the Santa thing. It takes a special person to do Santa and I just am not that gifted.

Keep up the good work and look for my Christmas list coming your way soon.:fighting0072::rofl:

2. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Cudo's to your Dad! That's a special thing to do in my opinion.

I've yet to do the "actual" Santa thing durring the season.......But everyone keeps telling me I need to do it. I just have no idea how to get started and who to talk to in order to get gigs. But I'd definitely LOVE to do something like that since I love kids so much. I'm the kind of person who'd rather be in a room full of 30 kids 6 and under rather than 5 adults.

I've also done some coaching in my time, but not near enough to be honest. I'd love to get in on some good football or baseball coaching again.

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thank you. I finally finished up my part of the interior waiting on a good friend to finish my seats and it'll be done. Finally

4. Coach24

Ahhh. We all know it will never be totally done. There is always something else we want to do to our prize possession's:great:

5. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

^^^^What Coach said!^^^^^ None of my cars are EVER really done. Even when they appear to be done, I find something else to "upgrade". ;-)

6. ahmitchell1

Well the 65 was the first car a built myself. I've got over 6 years in it, and the best part bout it is everything I wanted to do to I did when I was doing the ground up resto. Since everything on its brand new I can honestly say it'll be done and I won't be doing anything to it any time soon. Plus I gotta rebuild my triumph and track cobra my Chevys are on the button of the list right now of things to do/mod

7. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Sounds like it was a fun and rewarding project :great:

8. Coach24

I am so Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. ahmitchell1

It was a great project I learned a lot on the stuff I didn't know. Now it's time to start gathering parts for my next project. A diesel 4x4 65 suburban. Next time I'm back in georgia I'll take some updated photos of both 65s

10. Coach24

n not wait. I like those old burbs the best