1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck Tug-of-War, Bad Day for Chevy

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChromeSilver02, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Where do kids go to play Tug-of-War with their trucks? Parking Lot of Walmart of course

Bad day for chevy (or any gas engine truck)... moral of the story Diesel Wins Every Time.

Caution: Language

[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/dodge-vs-chevy-tug-of-war-goes-too-far_2415018.htm[/video]
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That had to be some kind of setup. First, what guy with a gas motor would be dumb enough to hook up to a diesel. Second, friends or not, it a guy did that to my truck he would be punched in the face as soon as he stopped. Not just run to the door like in the video.
  3. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

I second what [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] said. I don't care WHO it was, I would literally destory the person's face who did that. To where they won't even have dental records. I don't care what was said before the tug, that was uncalled for. People were put in danger just to feed the ego of some $@!#$$ Cummins owner. Video boils my blood if you can't tell.
  4. I am not sure, how stupid kids are these days it wouldn't surprise me if it was real

I wish that the guy would have kept the camera rolling it even see if things played out
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

saw that earlier today elsewhere. odd coincidence. im with you guys tho, ok you won, fine. no need to do what he did.

Alex
  6. sierra11

sierra11 Member

I would have kicked that guys ass then poured gas in his diesel tank and locked that worthless engine up.
  7. Like everyone has said, they guy in the Cummins should have his face punched in. What an ass to do that. Really wish the video kept going too.
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

yeah, the diesel won...he should have shut her down after 100'.

I thought the Chev was gonna tip at the first corner going backwards.

Brian
  9. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

1. Why would you play tug of war with a diesel?

2. I would not think a diesel could drag the other truck if he just put his foot on the brake.
  10. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Kinetic friction, once the truck was being dragged it was easy to keep dragging it because the tires had already lost traction.