1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck Tug-of-Wars. What's the point? Black Dodge Vs Black Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no idea! The dodge seems to have lowered his rear tire pressure for better traction. That place is not too far from me. The county fair also does one but it is on dirt. It is pretty funny, I have seen guys show up with a yard of dirt in the bed of their truck. They always win. They just sit there with their foot on the brake until the other guy breaks traction, as soon as he does they give it some gas and pull him backward. I don't know that I would have been standing as close to the tow strap as that judge was.
  3. E_HILLMAN

E_HILLMAN New Member

The point? Well if they are not unfairly weighted down it is a test of skill and truck.

In this case the Chevy had bigger wider more offroady tires. That means they were softer but not the good kind of softer as on asphalt they are actually much easier to spin than harder compound tires. Thus he could be drug just by the tires shedding rubber.

If you had same height and tires then it would be a better test of truck and driver. If somehow you could make both trucks feed the same fuel rate etc. then it would be a neat truck test.

But when it all comes down to it, its just for fun and bragging rights.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

And a great way to twist a drive shaft or burn a trans!
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No point in that particular tug-of-war since the match wasn't even...
  6. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

The Chevy didn't have the same amount of traction.
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

all about whos truck is "better" i spose. i like truck pulls better. alot like tractor pulls in the aspect i could go do one right now if i wanted.....

tug of wars just break stuff.

Alex
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks like the Chevy lost a Trans line to start that fire.. But that dodge also had the tires in the back for more weight..
  9. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Bragging right and being an adolescent.

Looks like the Dodge had a lot of weight in the bed.
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

This. I'm not sure what is dumber: truck tug o' war or that guy that jumped his new Raptor and slammed it on the ground (go see it in the Coffee Shop if you haven't yet). Just really dumb ways to screw up nice trucks.

And my first thought was what Pikey put in his first post: that judge is in for a bad day if that strap snaps!