1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Truck Update!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 2011laserblue, Dec 31, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member ROTM Winner

Hey guys,

With the end of the year fast approaching I thought it would be kind of cool to give you guys a photo-timeline of everything I've done to my truck!

So to start off:

I only have one picture of the truck with nothing done to it - yes that is ice.
    [​IMG]

Here is a screenshot from a video I made…at this point I had Gibson dual extreme exhaust.
    [​IMG]

Another shot of the exhaust.
    [​IMG]

Next comes the 4" BDS lift kit with 305/55/20 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, and OEM mud flaps.
    [​IMG]

Shortly after the lift came color matched bowties.
    [​IMG]

Then the towing mirrors, AVS rain guards, and Recon smoked cab roof lights.
    [​IMG]

Followed by the black OEM grille, removal of running boards and mud flaps, chrome tailgate latch, Recon smoked tail/3rd brake lights, and tonneau cover.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recon "White Lightning" tailgate bar was added next.
    [​IMG]

Then I had the outside of tailgate latch painted.
    [​IMG]

Next came Gibson Stainless Headers and color matched deception badge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I recently took the "White Lightning" tailgate bar off….some of the LED's burnt out.
    I also added Recon Diamond White Headlights, then eventually swapped out to the Platinum Blue's that I have now.

This brings us up to present day, where a 20" Rigid Industries SR2 has been put on, and just yesterday I took off the 4x4 stickers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This summer I plan to do a little more work - starting off with a leveling kit to get rid of the rake that I still have, then I will be able to clear 35" tires. I need to re-gear anyway, but now with 35's I will go up to 4.10's.

I also thought about some fender flares and n-fab bed access steps, but we will have to see. I'm really happy with how my truck is looking right now, so maybe I'll just stick with the level and 35's.

By the way..my exhaust tips are stainless…just dirty because of the salt, slush, dirt, gunk they throw on the roads...

Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures….I hope everyone has a fun and safe new year!
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Great looking truck! The black grille mesh really balances out the chrome and now the black/chrome 2-tone looks a lot better.

Once you put the leveling kit in, have you thought about some wheel2wheel nerf bars?
  3. 2011laserblue

Thanks for the compliment! Those were my thoughts exactly about the grille. Yeah I thought about it, you'll see in the post that I mentioned some N fab bed access steps. Those are wheel to wheel and look like this:

[​IMG]

This truck is Blue Topaz, but it is very similar...

[​IMG]

But I really like how it looks without steps - it just looks so clean. That's why I'm questioning fender flares as well…it will just depend how it looks with the 35's.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like it.. Very good job and nice write up...:great:
  5. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

Awesome job on the truck buddy, lookin sharp. excellent write up as well.
  6. 2011laserblue

Thanks Fellas! Happy New Year!! :party:
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I'm sorry but your truck is just sexy, love everything you've done. I had a set of the wheel to wheel steps, and I loved them.
  8. 2011laserblue

Haha thanks! I appreciate it. We'll see what happens after I add the 35's…I've got a lot of ideas spinning in my head but like I said, I really like what I have right now.
  9. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Love the look of it! I've always liked the newer Silverados. Great mods. Really improve the look of the truck
  10. 2011laserblue

Thanks! I really fell in love with this body style…
    Now that I'm seeing more of the 14's I'm really taking a liking to them, especially when they've got some mods.